Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs (I prefer Panko)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled and cut lengthwise into 2-inch-long and 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (or sub paprika if you don’t care for spicy food)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and chipotle on a plate. Place the flour on another plate and the beaten eggs in a small bowl.
- Dip the zucchini sticks first in the flour until lightly coated, and then in the eggs. Then roll them in the bread-crumb mix until they are well coated.
- Place the zucchini pieces onto a baking sheet and bake until the zucchini is tender but the coating is crispy, about 20 minutes. You may want to flip them half way through. If you prefer to have them more crispy, give them a drizzle of olive oil at the halfway point.
(*I posted this previously on another blog for a school project, but wanted to post it again here.)